We are now in discussion with the EU about a new funding offer from the European Commission
As soon as that discussion is concluded we will be announcing the result
For now, our advice for anyone who wants to write to the Commissioner in our support is:
- We welcome the European Commission 1 June 2016 announcement of proposals to enable the European Union to return to core funding the EUYO.
- The EUYO now wants to work as speedily as possible in direct communication with the European Commission to agree a detailed proposal. Only when the precise details of these proposals are confirmed by both the Commission and the EUYO can the future of the Orchestra be said to be assured.
- Given the long lead time of the classical music industry, in which commitments have to be made 2-3 years ahead, we hope that this work can be completed with urgency and speed.
Individuals and organisations can still write to us to be included on our Support Page
For reference, please find below the information we originally shared with our friends and supporters, throughout the #SaveEUYO campaign:
1. WRITE TO THE EUROPEAN UNION TO EXPRESS YOUR SUPPORT:
You can use the '3 Principles Statement' and/or your own words:
- We Believe that the European Union Youth Orchestra is one of the great Cultural Ambassadors of the European Union, and that for 40 years it has been a consistent beacon of excellence for the EU's highest values and ideals.
- We Understand that without direct core funding from the EU this unique organisation will cease to exist after 1 September 2016.
- We Call Upon President Juncker, President Schulz and Commissioner Navracsics to act to make available, with urgency, a level of EU core funding directly for the Orchestra that will enable its survival.
The letter should be addressed to 'Mr Tibor Navracsics, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport' as an email or attachment to:
And cc'd to:
2. DONATE TO THE EUROPEAN UNION YOUTH ORCHESTRA APPEAL FUND:
i) emailing our Development & Communications Manager at email@example.com with details
ii) sending cheques payable to The European Union Youth Orchestra to: Charlotte Hamilton, EUYO, 6A Pont Street, London SW1X 9E, UK
3. POST MESSAGES ON YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES:
FACEBOOK: We ask Mr Tibor Navracsics, European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport to find alternative urgent core funding from the EU to ensure the continuation of one of Europe’s greatest cultural endeavours – the European Union Youth Orchestra.Celebrating its 40th anniversary, the EUYO will cease operations on 1 September following a decision by the EU not to fund its pan-European project T2020. For detailed information and ways to show your support, please visit www.euyo.eu #SAVEEUYO
TWITTER: We ask @TNavracsicsEU @EU_Commission, @Europarl_EN, @EUCouncil to support #EU’s #orchestra @euyotweets. #EUYO to close in Sept. #SaveEUYO
4. SIGN THIS SUPPORT PETITION:
5. SPREAD THE WORD TO EVERYONE THAT YOU KNOW:
By sharing #SaveEUYO and these pages