27 07 18 - The EUYO announces its 2018 summer tour:
The Great Mosaic
Exploring Europe's Musical Heritage
The EUYO celebrates the European Year of Cultural Heritage with a major summer tour of 19 performances across Europe, playing 50 European compositions, and with major festival appearances including the BBC proms, a world premiere by Agata Zubel, and concerts conducted by Manfred Honeck and Gianandrea Noseda with soloists including Thomas Hampson, Luca Pisaroni, Rudolf Buchbinder and Chopin competition prize-winner Seong-Jin Cho
Full details of the EUYO's 2018 Summer Tour can be found by clicking on the #EYCH logo below
A quick look at the EUYO Summer 2018 tour:
- Performances 28 July-25 August in Amsterdam, Berlin, Bolzano, Ferrara, Grafenegg, London, Stresa and Warsaw. Festivals and venues include the BBC Proms, the Chopin and his Europe Festival, Berlin Young Euro Classic, Grafenegg Festival, the Amsterdam Robeco series, and Vienna’s MuseumsQuartier.
- Residencies at the Orchestra’s summer home and principal venue partner Grafenegg and residency partner Bolzano Festival Bozen, with a final performance at the Orchestra’s new home in Ferrara.
- Vienna Stephansdom Concert for Peace commemorating the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I.
- World premiere of Fireworks by the Polish composer and singer Agata Zubel, commissioned by the Adam Mickiewicz Institute to celebrate the centenary of Poland’s independence and by the EUYO to celebrate the European Year of Cultural Heritage.
- Conductors Gianandrea Noseda and Manfred Honeck, renowned pianists Rudolf Buchbinder & Seong-Jin Cho, and critically acclaimed singers Thomas Hampson, Luca Pisaroni, Michael Nagy & Krešimir Stražanac.
- 120 of Europe’s finest young classical musicians from all 28 EU countries plus guests from the Shanghai Orchestra Academy as part of the Orchestra’s Global Exchange Programme. 12 expert international tutors and teachers with a breadth of experience in the music industry.
- A series of free innovatory performances including the EUYO’s new audience engagement projects Close Up, The Music Gallery and the Late Night Sessions created with Grafenegg, and Spazio Klassik, produced with Bolzano festival Bozen.